Customized reports can be run on data from closed payroll reports. This report will use only the data that has been closed using the Close Payroll Period function, which will include time rounding, overtime calculations, deductions, day start, and time zone considerations. To use this report:
- Click Reports in the left menu.
- Click to report number 6, Customizable Processed Timesheet Report under Other Hourly Reports.
- Using the calendars, select the date range for the report.
- All available users and account codes will be included in the report by default. If you wish to filter out any of these list items, simply un-check the box next to the corresponding Include All… option, and check the boxes to make your selections.
- The Group Report By drop-down menu controls how the report is organized. The default selection is “Employee,” which will display all of the records for each employee in their own table, each with their own separate totals. Reports can be grouped by:
- Job Title (generated using current employee titles found on the Profile tab of the employee’s settings page)
- Account Code
- None (all records shown in one table with no grouping)
- The Include Work Notes When Downloading option will include work notes for the downloaded Detailed PDF and Detailed Text (CSV) versions of the report. Note: Work notes are always shown when viewing the detailed report on your screen.
- Choose your report format at the bottom of the page:
- Click the Summary or Detailed format then click View to view the report on your screen. The summary report contains only totals for each grouping, whereas the detailed report contains sortable columns for every included list item.
- You can print the report or download the report by clicking the button in the upper right corner of the next page in the format you chose.
- Or if you’d prefer you can download the report into a .csv Excel by clicking the drop-down menu in the upper right corner and selecting that option instead.
Pro Tip: When downloading to your spreadsheet, grouping by None and using the detailed text version will deliver a single, sortable table of your data.