If your account is configured to require approval by a manager for any manually entered or edited time on the project timesheet, then each time entry will generate an alert that must be allowed or denied. The default setting in new accounts is to allow users to record project time entries without requiring them to be allowed via the alerts process. (Visit the Project tab of the Company Settings page to enable the supervisor authorization requirement for project time entries and edits.)
If you choose to require approvals to manual time entries and edits, then alerts will be created and an email will be sent to a user’s manager each time they make or change their project timesheet. Please be aware that if users enter project time frequently, it could result in a large number of alerts.
If one or more alerts exist, an Alerts link will display above the Dashboard link at the top of the left menu as seen here:
If there is no Alerts link in the left menu, then there are no alerts that require review. Records with alerts can be allowed, denied, or edited by selecting the desired actions on the Alerts page. Note: All alerts must be resolved before the project time can be archived or formally approved via the approval process.
If you track hourly time, see Hourly Time Alerts.
- Click on the Alerts link in the left menu to view existing alerts.
- If there is a large number of alerts, you can filter the view by selecting an employee’s name from the Alerts for drop-down box near the top of the page. Details for each alert can be viewed by clicking the expand button in the far left column.
- Select the checkboxes next to the alerts you wish to resolve, and click the Allow or Deny button at the bottom of the page. All alerts with checked boxes will be resolved according to the button you select.
- For timesheet edits and entries, the requested changes to the work hours are shown in red while the current value is shown in black. If a requested edit is not accurate, you may click the edit icon to make adjustments to individual records rather than allowing or denying the change request.
- Select Allow and Approve to simultaneously allow the requested changes and mark the record as formally approved.