Project Timesheets may be approved using the Approve Project Time process accessible in the left menu. Managers with appropriate permissions can use the process to mark specific records, or all records, approved. Approved timestamp records are displayed on timesheets and in reports with a check mark icon.
It is not necessary for time to be approved before it can be archived, and the process can be skipped by smaller companies without the specific need to have a middle-level supervisor approve time.
To approve project time:
- Click Process Records in the left menu, then Approve Project Time.
- Set the date range for the time you wish to approve.
- Set any other desired filters including specific employees, list items, or record statuses.
- Click the Approve button to view a preliminary report of the time you’re about to mark approved.
- Verify the group of records you wish to approve is accurate. You may deselect any records that you wish to exclude from the group by using the checkboxes in the left column. Alternatively, you can go back to the previous page to modify your filters.
- Click the Approve Selected button at the top of the page to complete the process.
- Approval for time records can be removed by repeating the above process and selecting the Unapprove button on the Approve Project Time page.
- If an approved time record is edited by the employee, it will need to be re-approved by a manager.
Supervisor Approval Settings
To give supervisors permission to approve project time:
- On the dashboard, click the gear wheel icon next to the supervisor’s name.
- Navigate to the Management tab.
- Locate the supervisor’s project time approval permission setting and set it to “Approve Only”.
It is possible to have supervisors send a notification once project time is approved. When a supervisor approves project time, on the next screen there will be a button to Notify My Supervisor I have Approved Time. Clicking that button will send an email to the person that supervisor is set to report to in Timesheets, letting them know project time has been approved.