Every expense entry has an audit history that can be viewed on the user’s expense sheet. To examine a record:
- From the Dashboard, navigate to a user’s expense sheet by clicking on their total expenses in the Expenses column.
- Click the expand icon to the left of any entry to show audit information.
You will find the following details (depending on the features you have enabled):
- Notes: Any work notes associated with the record.
- Mileage Multiplier: the dollar value applied to a mileage entry.
- Audit Trail for Record: Clicking this link will show all prior iterations of an expense entry (i.e. the audit trail). The original record is at the bottom of the audit trail. The ID column to the left will show this record’s ID as 1. Any time a change was made to the record, a new row was created and the ID incremented to 2, 3, etc. In order to identify exactly what changed from one iteration of a record to the next, look for the yellow highlighted cells in each row of the table. Any and all changes between iterations of an expense record are highlighted in yellow.
- Origination: The expense entry method for the record. Possible values include:
- Time Entry (manual entry using the expense entry form on the desktop site)
- Mobile Time Entry (manual entry using the expense entry form on the mobile site)